Breathe Easy with a Bona Certified Craftsman
Everyone loves the results of a fantastic floor refinish—it’s like falling in love with your floors all over again. However, the work that’s needed to get there might not be so lovable. When it comes to refinishing wood floors, dust is inevitable. What varies from contractor to contractor is how that dust is dealt with and contained.
Dealing with Dust
When refinishing hardwood floors, a basic approach is to seal off each room as best as possible to prevent dust escaping into other areas of your home. But, despite the best efforts, fine dust will always find a way to escape.
Getting rid of dust produced in a refinishing job can take multiple days of repeated dusting—and that’s just the dust you can see. Dust will find ways to get into your furniture (even closed cabinets), electronic devices, and, of course, your lungs. Dust can be a nuisance to clean, but it can also have negative effects on your health:
- Dust can trigger asthma attacks.
- Dust can cause allergic reactions such as coughing, wheezing, watery eyes and difficulty breathing.
- Dust can contain bacteria and fungi.
- Chemicals that were used in your floor finish can be released by sanding.
Bona Dust Containment Systems
To reduce the spread of dust in your homes and make it easy to stay in your home when getting your floors refinished, Bona has developed a range of dust containment systems that will help flooring professionals keep your home virtually dust free!
Bona Dust Containment Systems work best when you partner with a Bona Certified Craftsman. Bona Certified Craftsmen are trained in all Bona product systems and techniques. Our Bona Certified Craftsmen are the best of the best and exclusively use the Bona cleaning systems that you trust and love. Locate a contractor today and rest easy knowing that your family and your floors are in good hands.
Bona Dust Containment Systems eliminate up to 99.8% of dust versus traditional sanding methods. The difference is clear:
- Bona sanding tools are connected directly to a vacuum system for immediate dust removal.
- Bona vacuum systems are sealed systems with multi-stage air filtration.
- Bona Dust ContainmentGREENGUARD certified for indoor air quality. Systems are
- Bona Dust Containment Systems can remove up to 99.8% of airborne dust, leaving the air clean and safe for your and your family!
Hardwood Floor How-To's
Home Renovation Mistakes to Avoid
Want to avoid a home remodeling nightmare? Then stay away from these common home renovation mistakes!
General Hardwood Floor Info
New Floors to Refresh Your Space
Want to refresh your space? Getting new floors just might be the answer you’re looking for.
Hardwood Floor How-To's
How to Install Luxury Vinyl Flooring
Learn how to install luxury vinyl flooring and see if it’s something you want to take up as your next DIY project.