Strength in Sustainability
At Bona, we understand the importance of creating a space that is beautiful and safe. Our products and services are designed to help people build their own personal oasis from the floors up. Our drive to help people maintain healthy, rich environments comes from our company’s passion to protect the planet and our commitment to sustainability.
We believe that sustainability plays a vital role in our values, identity and company culture. As efforts to conserve natural resources are adopted by more companies, Bona has been on the front lines of creating sustainable innovations for over 100 years. Not only are stewardship and sustainability central to our corporate business practices, they are our strength and inspiration for how we strive to make the world a better place.
We are proud that our values of Passion, Performance and Pioneering have led us to countless innovations to make homes safer while using our research and technology to come up with more sustainable manufacturing processes that maximize efficient use of the materials we use. Everything we create—from our cleaners, tools and services—helps people create healthy homes with sustainable products and technology.
- Water-based products (low VOCs)
- Products safe for children and pets
- No animal testing
- Reusable materials in manufacturing
- Refillable, reusable products
- Dust-free floor sanding
- Transparent ingredients
The protection of the planet and leaving future generations a better world is a global effort that needs strong guidance to help promote sustainable practices on a local level. We use our role as an industry leader to aid in the promotion of safer, more sustainable products while helping communities become more self-sufficient to best use their resources and people in ways that promote equality and responsible living.We believe that sustainability plays a vital role in our values, identity and company culture. As efforts to conserve natural resources are adopted by more companies, Bona has been on the front lines of creating sustainable innovations for over 100 years. Not only are stewardship and sustainability central to our corporate business practices, they are our strength and inspiration for how we strive to make the world a better place.
Our partnerships boost global and grassroots initiatives that help preserve the environment and promote healthy, sustainable living.
- Hand in Hand. Hand in Hand is a non-governmental organization that aims to create millions of jobs for the world’s most marginalized people through grassroots entrepreneurship, focusing particularly on women as a corporate partner of Hand in Hand, Bona has introduced a number of environmentally friendly products and improved the working conditions for craftsmen over the years.
- Vi Agroforestry. Vi Agroforestry fights poverty and climate change simultaneously by empowering communities hit hard by deforestation. Bona has planted over 3,000 trees over the last decade as a part of their “Plant a Tree” program.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). AAFA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease for people with asthma and allergies. Our Bona® free & simple Hardwood Floor Cleaner is Certified asthma & allergy friendly™ because it is scientifically proven to considerably reduce your exposure to allergens.
GREENGUARD Gold Certified
GREENGUARD Certified products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. The GREENGUARD Gold Certification standard includes health-based criteria for additional chemicals and also requires lower total VOC emissions levels to ensure that products are acceptable for use in environments such as schools and healthcare facilities. For more information visit ul.com/gg
Bona Sustainability Report
To learn more about Bona’s commitment to Health, Home and Humanity, read the Bona Sustainability Report, which was prepared in accordance with the Annual Accounts Act (Chapter 6).
This report details Bona’s past progress and future goals to reduce negative effects on the environment, create safe and healthy work spaces, and contribute to the communities in which we live.